Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Seeing Gingham

Hello!
How is everyone today?  Hope you had a great weekend!   We had such nice weather where we are, a bit hot, but I got to spend some uninterrupted time with hubby and kids, so that was a nice change.

Today we are sponsoring the Digital Tuesday challenge, and the theme is GINGHAM.  Ooooh, I LOOOOVE gingham, it just makes any image cuter!

I made a little sumpt'n with the Plush Panda pre-colored image and digi papers.

The black splotch pattern paper is a bit of a tight repetitive pattern, so to make it look less that way, here is what I did.
  1. In Photoshop, set your initial canvas size to a little bigger than the size of paper you want cut for your project.
  2. Add the PNG digi paper of choice on a new layer.
  3. Rotate the placed digi paper.  I rotated the digi paper at about 20-25 degrees within my Photoshop canvas area.
  4. Save the canvas area (your full document) as a PNG (or JPG). My canvas size was 4.5 x 2.5 since I wanted a 2x4 piece.
  5. Place your new saved PNG (or JPG) into whatever document you use for printing color images or papers. I use Word.
  6. Now you have a custom size digi paper that is printed at an angle. This way you don't have to waste any digi paper by cutting a piece at an angle.


MATERIALS I USED:
  • IMAGE: Plush Panda
  • CS/PAPER: white, digi paper from image set, black, green
  • INK: printer
  • ACCENTS/TOOLS: spellbinders eyelet squares, black gingham ribbon,Twinery twine, basic grey button, CTMH bitty brads, sewing machine, foam dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting us today!  I hope you get a change to join the Digital Tuesday challenge this week!

5 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

So cute! Gingham ribbon looks great with the panda!

Star said...

That ribbon is perfect, and that image....adorable! He's so cute! Kind of reminds me of Kung Fu Panda. LOL

K. Joy said...

Oh he's so cute!! Love the three rows of ribbon! :)

Patti J said...

Laurie, this is adorable! I love how you combined the gingham ribbon with the baker's twine - you are a genius! Great card, dear girl!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the gingham ribbon and the panda is adorable, super card!