Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Thursday, July 12, 2012

PDF Printable Card Kits

Hello!
While I was creating a way for me to print a bunch of the snowmen, sentiments, and pre-designed backgrounds for MYSELF to print so that I could make a dozen of my own cards a little faster, I wondered if the PDF I was making for myself would be useful for others.
So, I decided that since I already had it done, I would just type up some instructions and go ahead and list it at the shop.  There are some folks who like to use the color graphics and for those, this makes larger quantity card making a bit easier and faster.

I've done 2 PDF printable card kits so far.
All you need is
  1. a color printer
  2. your favorite cardstock that runs through your printer
  3. copy paper for the backgrounds to make lighter weight cards
  4. dies and/or punches
  5. card making adhesive 
  6. embellishments and sewing are optional 
KIT 1
Snow Poke PDF Printable Card Kit - uses the cowboy snowman from the Quirky Snowman set, and matching digi papers
Here's what I made with the Snow Poke Kit: (CLICK HERE to see what Pat made!)
 above: uses two of the 4 pre-designed backgrounds and I printed that sheet twice, 4 of the images and a couple sentiments. I added embellishments and sewed around the backgrounds.
 above: uses the plain 4" square backgrounds and I used the two strips of matching digi paper to create various designs, plus 4 of the images and a couple sentiments. I added sewing and embellishments.
 above: the 4 gift tags from the last sheet of the PDF, I punched out with scallop circle punch
above: the 2 pre-designed cards from the last sheet are just printed, cut at the tick marks (4.25" wide) and then folded at the middle of the 8.5" length. Perfectly flat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KIT 2
Bethlehem PDF Printable Card Kit - uses the Mini Bethlehem image and matching digi papers
Here's what I got after diecutting/punching with this kit:
 above: here's what I got from the first 3 pages of the PDF after the instruction sheet.
 above: here are the 2 pre-designed cards, i cut them at the tick marks (4.25" wide) and folded down the middle to make the flat cards. Also got 3 gift tags.
 above: I laid out the 4 pre made backgrounds, and have laid out the diecut images/sentiments and a couple buttons where I want them. I haven't made them into cards yet, but you can see how easy it will be, just glue the background to a folded card base and then adhere the image and sentiment punchouts to the background.

HOW TO USE THE PDF KITS:

They are designed for 4.25" square cards, unless you want to use the element pack and create your own different size card front with the digital elements. (for advanced digital users)

These kits are designed to open as a PDF, and print on cardstock or copy paper at no scale (or 100%) and full photo color.   Then using dies or punches and a trimmer to cut out the sentiments, images and background designs, you can have all the paper pieces you'll need to quickly build 6-8 cards, with exception of the folded card base and some simple embellishments.

I even included a BONUS page on each set, that has 2 pre-designed cards (just print, cut at 4.25" wide and fold down the middle of the 8.5" length) and 3 or 4 gift tags (depending on which kit you get). There are very light tick marks in 3 places on each long side of the sheet where you cut on each side of the pre-made cards. Just line up your cutter on each tick mark and cut. There are 3 cuts to make. The 2 cards will be 4.25" wide and the gift tags are on the remaining strip ready to be punched out or diecut out.

ALSO, I've included matching PNG element packs of color card elements for those advanced users who want to design up their OWN printable card fronts in any size.

NOTE:
These kits DO NOT include the outline images!!  If you want to color your own images, you must purchase the regular digital products at the shop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting us today!  Even if these kits aren't your own thing, I hope you have been inspired to get digital and create!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Donna said...

Laurie, this looks amazing. I can't imagine how easy it could be to make all my Christmas cards this way. I am always behind and need more at the last minute. This is perfect!

Patti J said...

You are amazing! What a great idea, and your cards are all so beautiful! Love, love, love them!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great idea. This would make Christmas cards so much easier.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful cards and such an easy way to 'mass' produce some quickly needed Christams cards. Wonderful idea!!